How to Change Owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter) - Odisha

The Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter) name change is required to apply at the respective electricity board office for their respective area. In Odisha NESCO Utility, WESCO Utility, SESCO Utility, and CESU are carrying out the business of distribution and retail supply of electricity in their licensed areas as mentioned below.

NESCO : Mayurbhanj, Keonjhar, Bhadrak and Balasore

WESCO : Sambalpur, Sundargarh, Bolangir, Bargarh, Deogarh, Nuapara, Kalahandi, Sonepur and Jharsuguda.

SESCO : Ganjam, Gajapati, Kandhamal, Boudh, Rayagada, Koraput, Nawarangpur and Malkanagiri.

CESU: Puri, Khurda, Nayagarh, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jagatsinghpur, Angul and Kendrapara

How to Change Owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter

  1. Go to the local Electricity office to apply for Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer/change.
  2. Link for contact details of the respective office.
  3. The applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office
  4. Fill up the application, then submit it along with the required documentation to the concerned authorities.
  5. Authorities will verify the documents, and They will guide them for further.
  6. If you made any payment, a receipt will be issued to the applicant.
  7. This application will be subjected to internal processing and a technician will visit the premises as per the address mentioned in the application.
  8. A technician will visit your home, the Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer will be processed to reflect the applicants' names in the records. (This step only for Owner change of meter)

Change Owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter Required Documents

  • Consumer No.
  • Copy and original of the payment receipt of last electricity bill
  • Attested copy of the sale deed of the premises to prove ownership (Only for Owner change of meter)
  • Copy of last tax receipt for the premises (Only for Owner change of meter)
  • Copy of card issued by electricity board (as applicable)
  • An indemnity bond on stamp paper (Only for Owner change of meter)
  • NOC from the individual in whose name the meter is currently in (Only for Owner change of meter)
  • Attested copies of address and ID proof
  • Aadhaar card

Note: In addition to the above-mentioned documents, the applicant should produce any additional document as per authorities advise

Change Owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter Office Locations & Contacts


2nd Floor, IDCO TOWER,

Janpath, Bhubaneswar -751022

Odisha, India

Phone: 0674- 2541575

Fax: 0674-2543125


Western Electricity Supply Company Of Orissa Limited -WESCO,

Burla , District Sambalpur - 768017.

Odisha, India

Phone: 0663-2430892/ 2430895

Toll-free Number - 1800-3456-798

Fax- 91-663-2432113/2432115


Januganj, Balasore - 756019.

Odisha, India

Phone: 06782-269864,

Fax: 06782-263259

Toll-free Number - 1800-3456-718



Courtpeta, Berhampur Ganjam - 760 004.

Odisha, India

Phone: 072751 02118

Toll-free Number - 1800-3456-797


Post a Comment

* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

buttons=(Accept !) days=(20)

We use technical and analytics cookies to give you the best experience. Learn More
Accept !